Nothing means more to us at Wills than being proud, proactive, members of the community. As a family business with deep roots in Southern Maryland and Delmarva, we believe strongly in being good corporate citizens. That's why you'll find our employees and our extended family of employees out there volunteering their time for good causes again and again. The fruit of their labors is obvious by the smiles they're wearing come Monday morning. And by the wall full of awards The Wills Group has won for being a good citizen.
Here are just a few of the highlights of our community involvement in recent years:
- Dash In Gives $125,000 to the Muscular Distrophy Association (MDA); contributions since 2001 exceed $500k.
- Dash In runs and hosts a variety of events such as Store Campaigns and Golf Tournaments and sponsors the MDA camp throughout the year to raise vital funds for MDA.
- Dash In also sponsors Send a Kid to Camp Campaign and sponsors a camp cook-out for the kids at MDA camp in Leonardtown, MD.
- Team SMO/Dash In has participated in the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life for the last 13 years. The team consists of tens of employees, including four cancer survivors. The team has won Top Team Fundraiser for several years. In both 2007 and 2008, the team raised over $30,000.
- United Way: The Wills Group set a record year in 2007 raising $32,251.45 from employee payroll donations.
- SMO, Dash In pledged $100,000 for the expansion of Civista Medical Center in La Plata, MD. These funds supported construction of a critical care unit, modernized Emergency Department, and additional patient rooms, etc.
- TWGI donated $25,000 to the College of Southern Maryland’s Campaign for the Next 50 Years for facility expansion and services
- Wills Group partners with the College of Southern Maryland to provide state of the art HVAC training at Southern Maryland Oil's 'Shymansky Institute'.
- 2005 recipient of the College of Southern Maryland's Partnership in Education Award during the annual Leading Edge Awards.